Thursday, February 17, 2011

Getting to Know the Freshmen: Maggy Ashton

The best sailor from Edinboro, PA - Maggy Ashton!  Maggy has been a flexible contributor to the team during her first semester; she has been a skipper at the MAISA Women's and also is quickly evolving into one of the team's best crews.  We're most likely to find Maggy hiking hard or giggling during drills, and her attitude, work ethic and smile will certainly guarantee her success!

Name: Maggy Ashton

Hometown: Edinboro, PA

High School: General McLane High School

Home YC: Erie Yacht Club

Position: Skipper/Crew, but mostly crew!

Major: Maritime Ops and Technology

Favorite Boat: Any boat that I’m on! Between FJs and 420s, though, I’d choose FJs.

Previous Experience in sailing: I took lessons at the EYC for a couple summers where I learned the basics of sailing.  I also sail with my parents who have a Hunter 320.  Also, I crewed on a tall ship, Niagara, for a couple summers, too, which was awesome (but completely different from dinghies).

Other Sports/Activities: Running, skiing, swimming, biking, exploring, basically anything that’s outdoors.

Favorite Part of Sailing at Kings Point: It’s always nice to be able to relax and do something you love for a couple hours every day in addition to being around a bunch of great people :).

Sailing Goals: To become the best crew I can in the time that I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment